It’s been our tradition, every year since Drew and I got together, to go see a movie on Christmas Day. For a while it was big movie musicals – then we went through a weird period of kind of depressing movies. Theoretically this year we would have brought it back around with Into the Woods, but then we ended up seeing it earlier in December.
But in honor of our 10th Christmas together, let’s just call Into the Woods our Christmas movie this year (although the plan is still, ever-optimistically, to watch something at home tonight after B goes to bed. Haha).
Here’s our list of movies we have enjoyed for the past 9 December 25ths.
- 2005 – The Producers (Daly City, CA)
- 2006 – Dreamgirls (Queens)
- 2007 – Sweeney Todd (Queens)
- 2008 – The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (42nd St)
- 2009 – Sherlock Holmes (Lakeport)
- 2010 – 127 Hours (San Francisco)
- 2011 – War Horse (San Bruno)
- 2012 – Les Miserables (San Bruno)
- 2013 – Saving Mr. Banks (Lakeport)
- 2014 – Into the Woods (San Francisco)
Merry Christmas to you and yours, and may you be able to go see a movie if you want! (Into the Woods is great, fyi.)